Wednesday, September 30, 2009

French Coconut Pie


This is the coconut we we serve at The Brenham House!
Patricia loves Coconut Pie so I told her I would post it....It is very simple.
4 T. melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 c. sugar
1 T. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. milk or 1/2 and 1/2
1 1/4 c. coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients except the coconut, in a large bowl.  No need for a mixer.  In a prepared unbaked pie shell spread your coconut evenly, and pour in the mixture!  That simple.... bake for 45-60 minutes until set.  I use a convection oven for even baking and it usually takes about 38-40 minutes.  Enjoy and think of us at The Brenham House!
__________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

Diane said...

Susan! This looks scrumptious! You are such a great cook. I was just bragging on you to my husband yesterday =)
Did you see the picture I sent you of your settee out back. Bet you didn't know you had a few sisters who "hung" around =)