Sunday, January 16, 2011
History of The Brenham House at 705 Clinton Street
This is the cornerstone of the first Lutheran Church of Brenham.
German was spoken in the services until the 1900's.
It was located in the 700 block of Clinton Street.
Destroyed during the Great storm of 1900 that hit Galveston, Texas.
Rebuilt on the same foundation, but 5 years later the church relocated to Third Street and is now St. Paul's Evangelical Church, Brenham, Texas.
The Brenham House was built in the 1920's on the same foundation in the same cruciform shape, only it was now a home. The land was subdivided and the old church became 705 Clinton Street.
In 1989 the home was DBA- The Brenham House Bed and Breakfast.